What you'll learn
- Learn advanced editing techniques to make your photos stand out and look unique
- Developing your own style & identity
- Fixing basic errors & artefacts
- Fixing exposure and colors
- Using shadow & highlight recovery
- Working with basic selections & Quick Masking
- Basic skin corrections & healing
- Using Photoshop Content Aware to remove unwanted objects from photos
A laptop with all required software will be provided to all students for use in class.
- A passion for perfection when it comes to what an image looks like!
- Students just need to have any working version of Adobe Photoshop like CS, CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC or even any future version of Adobe Photoshop.
- Instructors will cover workflow for both PC and Mac.
- Working with RAW files
- Preparing a photo for retouching
- Getting familiar with Photoshop
- Creating a new file and project
- Managing files and backup
- Layers 101
- Working with blend modes
- Masking instead of erasing
- Layer properties
- Using the marquee and lasso tools
- Using feathering to make realistic selections
- How to use Quick Masking for even better selections
- Adding & subtracting from selections
- Using adjustment layers to make non-destructive changes
The best investment I made in my career
I took the Basic Photography course at AVA in the end 2018. I was not convinced that I could have a career in photography, but the team and instructors at AVA made it seem super easy and accessible. 6 months later, I am already making decent money with photography on the side! Totally worth the time and money that went into this.