What you'll learn
- You will know how to take amazing photos that impress your family and friends
- You will know how the camera truly works, so you can take better photos using manual settings
- You will know how to photograph in different scenarios like family portraits, landscapes, aerial, product, wildlife, and much more
- You will know how to compose images beautifully with basic photography rules
- You will know how to light your subjects with flash and natural lighting
- You will know how to edit your photos like a professional
- You will know how to make money with photography
- You will know how to take better photos with your smart phones
A laptop with all required software will be provided to all students for use in class.
- You should be excited to learn photography, and ready to take action!
- No fancy camera is required, but any camera (even a smartphone) will help you learn as we prompt you with practice activities.
- No prior knowledge of photography is required – this course is geared for absolute beginners.
- Learn the history of photography and how it evolved.
- Get familiar with your camera and its controls.
- Learn to see what sets professional photographers apart from the amateurs.
- Learn what exposure is and how you can control it in camera.
- Learn manual controls like shutter speed, aperture and ISO sensitivity, and how each affects the final image.
- See how colour affects perception of an image. Use white balance to adjust colours and show true to life images.
- See how cameras are able to lock focus on the subject, and why sometimes the camera might not be able to focus properly.
- Learn what Depth of Field is, learn to control and tame it for use in your photos.
- The art side of photography, learn to see things differently to show the world something new in every photo.
- Learn basic composition techniques to instantly make your photos start to look better.
- Follow leading photographers in your field and see how you can learn from them.
The best investment I made in my career
I took the Basic Photography course at AVA in the end 2018. I was not convinced that I could have a career in photography, but the team and instructors at AVA made it seem super easy and accessible. 6 months later, I am already making decent money with photography on the side! Totally worth the time and money that went into this.