What you'll learn
- Composition techniques and how they can enhance your photos
- Creative ideas and confidence in your ability to take an interesting photo on your phone
- An understanding of important technical terms and why they matter to your photography
- Simple but powerful tools in your tool belt for editing and be able to take your photos to the next level in the post process
- How to shoot and how to edit using the built-in settings on your phone as well as 3rd party apps
- An iPhone or Android smartphone with a camera
- Meet your instructor.
- Goals of this course.
- 3 Main principles of taking a great photo
- Composition ideas for a more enjoyable photo
- Additional creative ideas
- Introduction to technical items
- Your phone’s built-in settings
- The Exposure Triangle
- Using a third-party camera app
- The 5 Main Edits you want to make to your photos
- Using the Built-in Editor
- Third-party apps for photo editing
- Editing in VSCO
- Culling, Storing and Backing up your photos
The best investment I made in my career
I took the Basic Photography course at AVA in the end 2018. I was not convinced that I could have a career in photography, but the team and instructors at AVA made it seem super easy and accessible. 6 months later, I am already making decent money with photography on the side! Totally worth the time and money that went into this.